Tempe Police: Woman gestures at skateboard shop manager in stabbing motion

Police Beat photo

The Tempe Police station, which is located on Fifth Avenue near College Avenue. 

Tempe police reported the following incidents Wednesday:

A 34-year-old Phoenix woman was arrested Nov. 14 on the 210 Block of West University Drive on suspicion of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, criminal trespassing and disorderly conduct, according to a police report.

While at Cowtown skateboards, the woman caused multiple disruptions that included screaming and disturbing other customers with odd speech and rhetoric, police reported. The manager told the woman to leave the store several times, according to the report.

Although the woman left the store, she returned to stand in front of the business only to continue being loud and was told to leave once again, police reported.

The woman presented a knife in a stabbing gesture with the sharp edge pointed toward the manager, according to the report. The manager believed he would be stabbed by the woman and held a skateboard in front of himself for defense, police reported.

While the woman held the knife to the manager, she continued yelling and screaming, according to the report.

After being arrested, the woman told officers that she believed she was going to be raped and that she wanted to defend herself, police reported.

The woman was transported to Tempe City Jail, where she was booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

An 18-year-old Phoenix man was arrested Nov. 14 on the 300 Block of West Lake View Drive on suspicion of criminal trespassing, according to a police report.

The man entered the light rail bridge and walked northbound, passing 20 signs and security cameras, police reported.

Officers stopped the man after exiting the bridge by light rail security, according to the report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, police reported. 

Reports compiled by Aimee Plante.

Tempe Police: Man pretends to be unconscious before kicking an officer

Tempe Police: Man who had money to buy PS4 steals it instead

Reach the assistant news editor at aplante@asu.edu or follow @aimeenplante on Twitter

×