ASU men's and women's swim and dive to meet Wyoming

Three women's swimmers are competing well, but they'll have a tough challenge against the 5-1 Cowgirls.

Junior Anna Olasz competes in the 200 yard butterfly against UCLA on Saturday, Nov. 7, 2015, at Mona Plummer Aquatic Center in Tempe. The Bruins defeated the Sun Devils 180-116.

ASU men's and women's swim and dive teams will meet on January 16th for the first time since before break.

They will take on the University of Wyoming.

ASU's men's swim and dive currently has a 2-2 overall (0-1 Pac-12). Its first conference loss was against last year's Pac-12 champions, USC. However, the team looked very solid at the Art Adamson Invitational meet before winter break, in which the team won three events: the 400-yard relay, sophomore sprinter Patrick Park in the 200-yard butterfly and junior fly/freestyler Tadas Duskinas in the 100-yard freestyle.

The women's team is currently 2-3 overall (0-2 Pac-12). Junior sprint swimmer Alysha Bush, junior distance swimmer Anna Olasz and sophomore diver Mara Aiacoboae are having strong seasons thus far.

Despite their accomplishments, the women's swim and dive team will need some stronger performances across the board in order to pick up more team wins.

The Cowboys are currently 1-2 on the season with a win against Utah and losses to University of Denver and Air Force. The Cowgirls are currently 5-1 on the season.

Both Sun Devil teams have been working hard over the break in preparation for the rest of the season. They still have matches at Stanford and Cal on the docket before returning to Tempe to finish the regular season against Arizona.

Reach the columnist at Graham.Paul@asu.edu or follow @GrahamASUpress on Twitter.

×