Tempe Police: Man arrested after drugs found in flashlight around neck

Police Beat photo

The Tempe Police station, which is located on Fifth Avenue near College Avenue. 

Tempe Police reported the following incidents on Thursday: 

A Tempe man was arrested April 8 on the 100 block of West University Drive on suspicion of possessing drug paraphernalia, dangerous drugs and an existing arrest warrant, according to the report.

Officers were at a residence serving an outstanding arrest warrant when they detained the man and then searched him, officers reported.

During the search, an officer noticed the man wearing a shoelace around his neck with a flashlight attached, according to the report.

Inside the flashlight, officers found meth and heroin, officers reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

A Tempe male was arrested on April 8 on Hardy and University Drive on suspicion of possessing dangerous drugs, according to the report.

Officers arrived to the scene after they received a call about a man being asleep in his car with the engine still running, according to the report.

Officers were able to wake the man up, and upon searching him, they found what believed to be Xanax in his pocket, officers reported.

The man told officers that he was holding the drugs for a friend, according to the report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to be a judge, according to the report. 

Reports compiled by Sydney Greene.

Related links:

Tempe Police: Man hides in attic after police show up to arrest him

Tempe Police: Mason jars filled with marijuana found inside man's car

Reach the reporter at sgreene6@asu.edu or follow @thesydneygreene on Twitter.

×