Tempe Police: Man arrested after running and singing on top of a Tempe residence

Police Beat photo

The Tempe Police station, which is located on Fifth Avenue near College Avenue. 

Tempe Police reported the following incidents on Sunday:

A Phoenix man was arrested on April 8 on the 1600 block of El Parque Drive on suspicion of first degree criminal trespassing and disorderly conduct, according to the report.

A resident called police and said she heard someone running and screaming on the roof of her house, according to the report.

When officers arrived at the house, the man was seen running and singing on top of the private residence, officers reported.

After officers told the man to get down, the man lay down on the roof and refused to move, according to the report.

After multiple failed attempts by officers, two fire engines were called in order to get the man down, officers reported.  

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

A Tempe man was arrested on April 8 on the 220 block of Southern Avenue on suspicion of possession of marijuana and dangerous drug possession, according to the report. 

An officer was driving along Southern Avenue when another driver nearly rear-ended the officer’s police car, according to the report.

When police pulled the man over, the suspect failed multiple field sobriety tests, officers reported.

Upon searching the man, the officer found marijuana and Xanax in the man’s pockets and socks, according to the report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Sydney Greene. 

Reach the reporter at sgreene6@asu.edu or follow @thesydneygreene on Twitter.

×