Tempe Police: Man hides in attic after police show up to arrest him

Police Beat photo

The Tempe Police station, which is located on Fifth Avenue near College Avenue. 

Tempe Police reported the following incidents on Wednesday: 

A Guadalupe man was arrested April 3 on the 9000 block of South Calle Vauo Nawi on suspicion of an arrest warrant and illegal flight from law enforcement, according to the report.

A few weeks prior to the arrest, officers in an unmarked car saw a vehicle in a parking lot of Circle K and discovered that the car was involved in multiple shoplifting incidents, officers reported.

When officers attempted to stop the vehicle, the man drove off at a high speed and led them on a short chase before they lost sight of his car, according to the report.

While completing a stolen vehicle investigation, officers went to the man’s residence to arrest him, but the man was hiding in the attic of the house, avoiding officers, according to the report.

Soon after, officers placed the man under arrest, officers reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

A Phoenix male was arrested on April 5 on the 1300 block of East University Drive on suspicion of forging and providing false information to law enforcement, according to the report.

The man stole a check from a business and wrote it out in his brother's name before attempting to cash it at Money Mart where he was contacted by police, officers reported.

When officers questioned the man, he said he was the man's brother and used his brother’s birth certificate to prove his false identity, according to the report.

The man soon admitted who he really was to the police, officers reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, according to the report. 

Reports compiled by Sydney Greene.

Related links:

Tempe Police: Mason jars filled with marijuana found inside man's car

Tempe Police: Man almost crashes into police car, found with array of drugs

Reach the reporter at sgreene6@asu.edu or follow @thesydneygreene on Twitter.

×