Annual Seville Orange Harvest hosted on Tempe campus

The harvest helps contribute to ASU's goal of sustainability

Volunteers contribute to the annual seville orange harvest on the Tempe Campus on Feb. 4, 2017.

Annual Seville Orange Harvest hosted on Tempe campus from The State Press on Vimeo.

The annual Seville Orange Harvest was held on the Tempe campus on Saturday. 

ASU Campus Harvest is a program of Facilities Management and Ground Services which brings volunteers from across the Valley, organized by the ASU Alumni Association, to contribute to ASU's goal of sustainability. This year about 100 volunteers harvested oranges off trees near the Whitman Tennis Center and Alpha Drive. 

In 2014, Campus Harvest and Aramark partnered with Sun Orchard for juicing of the oranges. Aramark pays for the cost to bottle and store the juice. The juice is available on the ASU Catering Decidedly Green menu as well as in recipes and dishes at the Engrained Café and residential restaurants around campus. The event is held every year, and the association welcomes volunteers from everywhere to participate.

Reach the videographer at jevans29@asu.edu or follow @jordan_evans_16 on Twitter.

Like  The State Press on Facebook and follow @statepress on Twitter.

×