Former ASU football player accused of sexual assault

Tevin Favor accused of sexual assault after allegedly showing up at a female's house

TevinFavorBreaking.jpg

Graphic published on Tuesday, Sept. 25, 2018.

Tevin Favor, a former ASU football player, was arrested Sunday by Scottsdale police after being accused of sexually assaulting a woman at her house on Saturday, according to court documents. 

The incident took place after Favor and the victim went out together in Old Town Scottsdale Saturday night. Favor reportedly showed up at the victim's house and forcibly had sex with her, court documents read. 

Favor told police that he did not assault the victim, stating that they only kissed, but when the victim underwent a medical exam, there was evidence of penetration as well as abrasions on the victim’s neck and shoulder, according to the documents. 

Favor had given the victim a business card about a week prior, and when she did not contact him, he found her on social media and sent her a message there, and they arranged to go out together. 

The night of the incident, Favor allegedly yelled at the victim when she told him to stop and then proceeded to say that if she did not stop talking, he would "go get" her friend, who was asleep on the couch in a different room, the documents stated. 

After the incident, Favor would not leave the residence and reportedly laid next to the victim's bed. The victim then called the police and hid the phone under the pillow until authorities arrived, the documents read. 

The documents said Favor should not be released and stated that he had a history of violence. He is currently being held on $250,000 bail.

Favor was a walk-on for the ASU football team as a wide receiver in 2011 and only played in one game. Prior to attending ASU, he was a track star in high school, according to the team’s website

Favor now owns a gym in Scottsdale called “Better Late Than Never.” Favor's Instagram account featured pictures of the women he trained, but the account has since been deleted. 

He will appear in court on Oct. 1, 2018 for a status conference. 

This story will be updated as more information becomes available.

Reach the reporter at ajhowar6@asu.edu and follow @andrew_howard4 on Twitter.

×