ASU volleyball took down No. 15 Washington 3-0 on Sunday

The Sun Devils improve to 13-5 after a sweep against the Huskies

ASU Volleyball vs Washington State-7.jpg

ASU sophomore middle blocker Megan Beedie (17) floats the ball over the net against Washington State on Friday, Oct. 5, 2018 at the Wells Fargo Arena in Tempe, Arizona. 

ASU volleyball swept No. 15 Washington 3-0 at Wells Fargo Arena on Sunday. The Sun Devils are now 4-2 in conference play and 13-5 overall.

Sophomore middle blocker Megan Beedie led the Sun Devils with a hitting percentage of .636 while accumulating seven kills, two blocks and three aces. 

With eight kills, senior middle blocker Carmen Unzue had the most kills for ASU. The Huskies put up a tough fight in set one, but ultimately ASU took the first set 25-23. 

Junior libero Courtney Leffel put together a strong performance to start, with two out of her three aces in the match occurring in the first set. 

That winning momentum continued into the second set, and the Sun Devils won 25-17. ASU then secured the sweep after beating Washington in the third set 25-22.

ASU has swept three out of its last four conference opponents, and after knocking off two top-25 opponents in their last three games alone, the team is headed back on the road to Los Angeles to take on No. 17 UCLA and No. 12 USC next Wednesday, Oct. 10 and Friday, Oct. 12. 

Reach the reporter at skbrisen@asu.edu or follow @sophiabriseno on Twitter.

Like State Press Sports on Facebook and follow @statepressport on Twitter.

×