New restaurants around ASU campuses are adding fresh flavor to the community. From a donut shop to Italian cuisine, these restaurants have opened recently or plan to open soon.

Board and Brew 

The California-based sandwich company with a large fan base is picking up and opening a location in Tempe.

Board and Brew will open up their first Arizona location on the Northeast corner of Rural and Lemon.  According to an Instagram post, the restaurant will open in September, but no date has been announced.

The company opened its first location in Del Mar, CA in 1979 and became popular for the beach theme and secret sauce. 

The shop features a variety of specialty and grilled sandwiches in addition to salads and craft beer. 

Sauce 

The fast casual restaurant known for their pasta, pizza and wine is meeting the demands of students by opening up a new location in Tempe. 

Sauce has 13 locations across Arizona, offering a variety of budget friendly lunch and dinner options. 

“Providing a high-quality product that is made fresh daily and affordable for people of all ages is important to us,” the company's website said.

The new location in the Northeast corner of Mill Avenue and University Drive will open this fall.  

Oath Pizza

New to the Memorial Union is a pizza shop turning heads. Oath Craft Pizza is currently open in the MU, welcoming students with their handcrafted and customizable pizzas. 

Based in Boston, the fast-growing company was born in 2015, and became known for their unique pizza crust and locally sourced ingredients. 

“We are a socially conscious, purpose driven pizza company working to make a long lasting positive impact on the world,” said the company's website. 

Oath Pizza offers multiple pre-chosen pizzas on its menu, all customizable with a variety of fresh ingredients. 

Each pizza takes approximately 90 seconds to grill in their electric-powered convection oven. Prior, the pizzas are flash-fried in avocado oil, which allows the crust to become crispy and golden. 

BoSa Donuts

BoSa Donuts, a popular local donut shop first established in 2006, opened its 32nd location close to the Downtown Phoenix campus in the Arizona Center on the northeast corner of Van Buren and Third Street. 

Jackson Chao, owner of BoSa Donuts, said he takes great pride in the many varieties of donuts the shop serves.

“BoSa Donuts is everything you want in a classic donut shop,” Chao said.

The donut shop aims to satisfy customers with their “perfect donut recipe,” as stated on the company's website.

Open 24/7, BoSa’s menu also includes smoothies, coffee, sandwiches and even hot cocoa.

Fry’s Food and Drug

With no grocery store within walking distance of campus, the Fry’s Food and Drug is set to open on Oct. 23 on First and Jefferson street is long awaited for ASU's Downtown Phoenix campus students. 

Part of “Block 23,” a developmental project in Phoenix, the store will function as downtown Phoenix’s first full service grocery store in the area, revitalizing the urban environment.

In an effort to be more accommodating to busy residents of downtown Phoenix, the location will offer online ordering and pick-up, made-to-order sushi, a deli, a bakery and a pharmacy.

Shake Smart 

Understanding that students constantly deal with a busy lifestyle, Shake Smart aims to cater to those on-the-go.

Located in the Sun Devil Fitness Complex Tempe, Shake Smart aims to provide students with healthy options including smoothie bowls and wraps.

The company targets university recreation centers across the U.S., and plans to have 20 locations across the nation by the end of 2020, according to an article on their company website.

Panda Express

The popular Chinese restaurant location will be located between First and Second streets, just below the Taylor Place dormitory.

According to azcentral, Panda Express was planned to open before classes began for the fall 2019 semester. However, the store is still not open and no expected opening date has been released.

Reach the reporters at mallench@asu.edu, myarmusg@asu.edu and follow @mallencharmley, @gannonmikenna on Twitter. 

×