The State Press guide to getting your spooky on

A list of events to enjoy in celebration of Halloween

Fun things to do this Halloween for Grace and Mac 10-22-18.JPG

"Get in the Halloween spirit with these spooky activities." Illustration published on Monday, Oct. 22, 2018.

As nights on ASU campuses finally begin to drop below 90 degrees and the stress of midterms simmers down, students can look to new ways to get spooked in celebration of Halloween around the corner. 

Here’s a roundup of State Press recommendations of activities on or near Halloween. 

Rooftop Pumpkin Carving

Whether you intend on carving a classic face on a pumpkin or wish to design an intricate image with a knife, carving a pumpkin is not an activity meant to be done alone. Rooftop Pumpkin Carving at Graduate Tempe is a great way to gather with friends for a double screening of both "Hocus Pocus" and "The Nightmare Before Christmas."

Date: Oct. 25, 2019

Location: 225 E. Apache Blvd., Tempe, AZ 85281

Price: $10

A Halloween Mystery

For those wanting to unravel a mystery in the spirit of Halloween, ASU’s chapter of Dumbledore’s Army is hosting A Halloween Mystery, in which students can enjoy free food as they unravel the twists and turns of the event. 

Date: Oct. 25, 2019

Location: 1050 S. Forest Mall, Tempe, AZ 85281

Price: Free

PAB’s annual Halloween movie night

ASU Programming and Activities Board provides ASU students with a "Trunk or Treat" on the student services lawn. Attendees can put their creativity to the test with a costume contest while enjoying pumpkin painting and candy apples. 

Date: Oct. 28, 2019

Location:  Student Services Lawn 

Price: Free

Spooktacular Soirée

For those looking for a night out on Tempe on Halloween night, Spooktacular Soirée at Moxy Tempe offers everything from a costume contest to music from a live DJ. Purchasing a ticket includes a complimentary adult beverage. 

Date: Oct. 31, 2019

Location: 1333 S. Rural Road, Tempe, AZ 85281

Price: $20

HALLOWEEN IN FAIR VERONA: A Romeo & Juliet Masquerade Ball!

Crescent Ballroom + Sean Watson's 9th Annual Halloween Bash will feature two stages of “pure dance music” on Halloween night. Costumes and a photo ID are required.

Date: Oct. 31, 2019

Location: 308 N. 2nd Ave., Phoenix, AZ 85003

Price: $20

Karaoke with the Dean

For those looking for a free night-in on Halloween night, ASU’s College of Health Solutions presents Karaoke with the Dean. Students are encouraged to bring costumes and enjoy free food and prizes at Health North. 

Date: Oct. 31, 2019

Location: 550 N. 3rd St., Phoenix, AZ 85004

Price: Free

Reach the reporter at ivcrespo@asu.edu or follow @ziacrespo on Twitter. 

×