Fliers with a swastika found around ASU's Tempe campus

A student discovered one of the fliers on Friday, and organizations on campus are working to investigate the incident

breaking news graphic

Graphic published on Thursday, Aug. 23, 2018.

Fliers found around ASU’s Tempe campus had swastikas and the Star of David printed on them. 

The Hillel Jewish Center at ASU said in a statement posted on Facebook that they are “deeply concerned about the recent anti-Semitic fliers posted around campus, some depicting references to the Holocaust."

Hillel said it believes that this type of message has no place on campus and encouraged students to not be deterred by this incident, adding that it is appreciative of President Michael Crow and ASU's administration working to “squash and speak out against hate when they see it.”

“We will continue to work with our campus and community partners to ensure that all Jewish students feel safe and welcome on campus,” the post read. 

The post also states that Hillel is working with the Anti-Defamation League, Chabad at ASU, the University and local law enforcement to invesitgate the incident.  

According to a University spokesperson, the ASU police department is aware of the situation. 

“Ensuring the safety and security of our students is our top priority, and the university undertakes extensive efforts to ensure student safety is not compromised,” the spokesperson said. “ASU is a place where open debate can thrive and honest disagreements can be explored, but not when hateful rhetoric is used. That is not who we are.”

Reach the reporter at bstoshne@asu.edu and follow @itsbrennaaaa on Twitter. 

×