Gallery: President Trump rallies in Phoenix, draws protests

The protesters, while not particularly large in number, represented a vast array of issues

Trump Rally Inside

President Donald Trump addresses the crowd at his “Keep America Great” rally on Wednesday, Feb. 19, 2020, at Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Phoenix.

Demonstrators gathered outside Veterans Memorial Coliseum to protest President Donald Trump's rally Wednesday night, fighting for a broad range of issues, including immigration, healthcare and indigenous rights.

The protest began around 6 p.m. and had dwindled by the time Trump supporters were leaving the arena, but those still in attendance were loud and confrontational by the end of the evening.

Trump supporters who were not fortunate enough to make it into the arena, which holds over 14,500 people, were sent to an overflow area where they watched the president’s speech on a big screen.

Trump talked with Arizona voters about immigration, the economy and his impeachment trial while criticizing the media and Democrats running for president at a “Keep America Great” rally Wednesday.

Also at the rally were Sen. Martha McSally, Gov. Doug Ducey, Reps. Debbie Lesko (R-Peoria) and Andy Biggs (R-Gilbert), who all expressed their support for the president and his bid for reelection in November.

President Trump endorsed McSally in her efforts to maintain her position in Congress and he thanked Ducey for his legislative action.

Photographers Olivia Dow, Diannie Chavez and Alex Gould and Photo Editor Meg Potter contributed to this gallery.

Reach the photo editors at photo.statepress@gmail.com and follow @statepress on Instagram.

×