Balanced scoring effort leads ASU men's basketball in win over Washington

Four Sun Devils scored at least 18 points during Saturday's game against Washington

men's basketball vs Louisiana 0242

ASU then redshirt junior forward Romello White (23) dunks in the second half against Louisiana-Lafayette on Saturday, Dec. 7, 2019, at Desert Financial Arena in Tempe. The Sun Devils defeated the Ragin' Cajuns 77-65.

Four players for ASU men's basketball scored 18 points or more in its 87-83 victory over Washington on Saturday night.

Junior guard Alonzo Verge Jr. scored 18 points, shot 88% of his field goal attempts, collected five rebounds and dished two assists for the Sun Devils.

Junior guard Remy Martin scored 14 of his team-high 19 points in the first half, including making four three pointers. Freshman guard Marcus Tsohonis was the Huskies' leading scorer with 19 points.

Redshirt junior forward Romello White and redshirt senior guard Rob Edwards both scored 18 points for ASU.

Holding a 41-38 lead early in the second half, ASU went on a 9-2 run to take a controlling 50-40 lead with roughly 14 minutes left, tipping the scales in ASU's favor.

The Sun Devils (13-8, 4-4 Pac-12) shot 46% from the field while the Huskies shot 39% for the game. ASU converted 82% of its free throw attempts. 

ASU seemed to be in cruise control with 7:19 left in the second period, as junior forward Khalid Thomas converted an and-one to give the Sun Devils a 74-61 lead. 

But Washington (12-11, 2-8) would not go down quietly, cutting the ASU lead to six points around the five minute mark before time eventually ran out for Washington. 

ASU returns to Tempe to play UCLA next on Feb. 6 at 9 p.m. MST. 

Reach the reporter at cvanligt@asu.edu and follow @Connor_VL on Twitter. 

×