ASU men's basketball guard Remy Martin declares for NBA Draft

Martin finished as the 17th all-time leading scorer in ASU history

20200205 Remy Martin portraits 0003

ASU junior guard Remy Martin (1) poses for a portrait on Wednesday, Feb. 5, 2020, at Desert Financial Arena in Tempe.

ASU men's basketball junior guard Remy Martin has declared for the 2020 NBA Draft, he announced via Instagram Monday afternoon.

"Starting from a young age, I have worked towards the opportunity to play in the NBA and I have now decided to take another step into making my dream a reality," Martin said in the announcement. "I will forever cherish the time I have spent at ASU; Arizona will always be a home to me because of the ASU supporters and 942 Crew!"

It is currently unknown if Martin has signed with a NCAA-certified agent, giving him an avenue to return to school. Players who hire a NCAA-certified agent can participate in the NBA Draft Combine but still withdraw from the draft and return to school if they make the decision byJune 15.

Martin currently isn't projected by any major mock draft to be drafted in either round.

The guard ended his career averaging 13.8 points per game and four assists per game. Martin earned Pac-12 First Team honors this past year, as well as earning Second Team honors in 2018-2019.

Martin finished 17th on ASU's all-time scoring leaders list. His 18 points in his final regular season game against Washington State gave him 1,314 total points across his career, enough to pass former guard James Harden.

Martin also finished 10th on ASU's all-time assist leaders list, totaling 381 in his career.

Reach the reporter at jhorst2@asu.edu and follow @HorseySeven on Twitter.

Jeffrey HorstDigital editor-in-chief

Jeffrey Horst is the digital editor-in-chief of The State Press. He previously served as the publication's sports editor and worked at Cronkite News and ArizonaSports.com.

×