Letter from the Editor: The State Press’ ongoing coronavirus coverage

The State Press has compiled a comprehensive page of its reporting on COVID-19 as developments occur

coronavirus coverage announcement.jpg

Graphic published on Thursday, March 12, 2020.

Informing our audience with accurate and up-to-date information is our top priority here at The State Press.

In order to streamline our ongoing coverage of the international outbreak of COVID-19, or the new coronavirus, we’ve compiled a comprehensive page of the information you need to know. This page will be continuously updated with our reporting on how ASU, its surrounding communities and the state respond to COVID-19.

Arizona is one of several states to announce a state of emergency because of COVID-19, and ASU, like many other universities across the U.S., has temporarily transitioned all in-person classes to online, due to concerns of the virus.

If you have questions or wish to share information related to COVID-19 with us, please utilize Asking Arizona, an accessible way for State Press readers to connect with our publication and get their questions about the ASU community answered.

You can also reach out to us at editor.statepress@gmail.com or through our Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.

And if you’ve been constantly following our reporting on COVID-19 as developments occur —  or our coverage of the ASU community as a whole — please consider making a donation to The State Press to help support our student-led newsroom.

Kimberly Rapanut is the online editor-in-chief of The State Press for the 2019-20 academic year. You can reach her at Kimberly.Rapanut@asu.edu and @kimrapanut on Twitter.

×