ASU men's basketball forward Romello White enters NCAA transfer portal

The redshirt junior appeared in 95 games during his three years at ASU

men's basketball vs Louisiana 0242

ASU then redshirt junior forward Romello White (23) dunks in the second half against Louisiana-Lafayette on Saturday, Dec. 7, 2019, at Desert Financial Arena in Tempe. The Sun Devils defeated the Ragin' Cajuns 77-65.

ASU men's basketball forward Romello White has entered the NCAA transfer portal, according to multiple reports.

The redshirt junior averaged 10.2 points, one assist and 8.8 rebounds per game during the 2019-20 season, in which he made 29 starts and 30 total appearances. 

White averaged 9.8 points per game and seven rebounds per game across his three years at ASU, which spanned a total of 95 games.

The move was first reported by AL.com's Matt Zenitz.

White is immediately eligible for whichever team he chooses to play for next as a graduate transfer.

White is also among a cohort of ASU players that have declared for the NBA draft this offseason, along with guards Remy Martin and Alonzo Verge Jr., who was named on the entry list of players that have declared for the draft earlier in the week.

Standing at 6-foot-8, White was among the tallest players on the roster alongside 6-foot-9 junior Khalid Thomas, who has since transferred to Portland State, and 6-foot-10 freshman John Olmsted, who saw just five minutes of action across four games this season. 

Reach the reporter at aklatsky@asu.edu and follow @averyklatsky on Twitter. 

×