ASU men's basketball guard Remy Martin to return for senior season

Martin withdrew his name from the 2020 NBA Draft to rejoin the Sun Devils

RemyMartin.JPG

ASU now-senior guard Remy Martin (1) waits for the inbound pass during ASU's 66-65 victory over UA at Desert Financial Arena in Tempe, Arizona, on Saturday, Jan. 25, 2020.

ASU men's basketball guard Remy Martin will return to the team for his senior season and withdraw from the 2020 NBA Draft, the program announced via Twitter Sunday.

Martin, who initially entered his name into the 2020 NBA Draft pool back on March 30, led the team in scoring during the 2019-20 season at 19.1 points per game and assists at 4.1 per game.

Despite his three strong years in Tempe, Martin was not projected by any major mock draft to be selected. Now, Martin gets another year to bolster his draft stock alongside a revamped ASU roster.

Martin returns to a Sun Devil team that is welcoming one of the most touted recruiting classes in the nation, featuring five-star guard Joshua Christopher and four-star forward Marcus Bagley.  

Martin also returns with Alonzo Verge Jr., who announced his return to the Sun Devils July 18 after he withdrew his name from the 2020 NBA Draft.

Martin currently sits at 17th on ASU's all-time scoring list at 1,314 points in his career and 10th in assists at 381 total for his career.

The incoming senior won the Pac-12 Co-Sixth Man of the Year award in the 2017-18 season. He also earned All-Pac-12 Second Team honors in the 2018-19 season and All-Pac-12 First Team honors in the 2019-20 season.

The guard had until Aug. 3 to decide whether to return to school or remain in the draft.

Reach the reporter at ltochter@asu.edu and follow @Leo_Toch on Twitter.

×