Active COVID-19 cases have decreased to 215

Since Aug. 1, 1,835 ASU community members have tested positive

Active COVID-19 cases within the ASU community have decreased to a total of 215 as of Sept. 28, according to an update from the University Monday.

The total number of active cases have decreased by 42 since last Thursday's update when the University reported 257 cases within the community. Active student cases have decreased to 211, and employee cases have increased to four.

There are 148 cases off campus in the metropolitan Phoenix area, 60 in isolation at the Tempe campus and the remaining three cases are on the Downtown Phoenix, West and Polytechnic campuses. 

ASU has reported 1,835 cumulative cases within its community since Aug. 1. Students make up 1,802 of those cases, and employees account for 33 of them.

Cumulative cases have increased by 51 since Thursday's reported cumulative total of 1,784 cases.

ASU has collected approximately 68,542 tests from students and employees since Aug. 1. The University has tested roughly 60% of on-campus students and 21% of off-campus students since the start of the semester, according to the update.

The ASU community's percent positivity rate is roughly 2.6%, using the number of positive results as the numerator and the total number of tests collected as the denominator. 

Since Aug. 27, the University has conducted over 10,000 random tests among students and employees. 

Random test results from Sept. 20-26 show that eight on-campus students tested positive, resulting in a positivity rate of 1.51%. Tests among off-campus students returned 16 positives, resulting in a percent positivity rate of 1.14%. Zero employees tested positive through the random testing over that period.

The University reported Monday 1,818 students and 152 employees have been rolled off the active case list after they met guidelines to return to campus. The University does not require those who test positive to test negative before returning to campus, per guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that influence University policy.

The Arizona Department of Health Services reported 273 new COVID-19 cases and one new death Monday.

The next ASU COVID-19 update will be posted on Thursday.

Reach the reporter at wmyskow@asu.edu and follow @wmyskow on Twitter. 

Get the best of State Press delivered straight to your inbox.

×

This website uses cookies to make your expierence better and easier. By using this website you consent to our use of cookies. For more information, please see our Cookie Policy.