ASU hockey releases portion of 2020-21 season schedule

The Sun Devils kick off their Big Ten schedule at Michigan next weekend

ASU's Hockey team looks on from the bench as the second period progresses on Tuesday, January 5, 2016 at the Oceanside Ice Arena in Tempe, AZ.

ASU men's hockey released the first 12 games of its 2020-21 schedule Thursday as part of a contractual partnership with the Big Ten Conference for the season.

ASU will begin the season at Michigan on Nov. 14-15 in Ann Arbor. Michigan is pre-ranked as the No. 12 team in the country by USCHO, with ASU pre-ranked at No. 15. 

“Officially seeing part of the schedule and being able to prepare for a game again is exciting for our team, and I know the guys are itching to get back on the ice against someone in a different colored jersey,” ASU head coach Greg Powers said in the team's statement Thursday. “To be able to kick off the Big Ten season at Michigan and Yost Arena is a great opening test and our guys will be ready to go.”

Following the opening weekend against Michigan, ASU will travel to Michigan State and Wisconsin the following two weeks, both of whom are unranked in the USCHO's poll.

The remainder of the announced schedule consists of No. 20 Notre Dame on Dec. 3-4, No. 9 Penn State on Dec. 11-13 and No. 10 Ohio State on Dec. 17-18. 

The announcement included 12 of the expected 28 games ASU will play on the road this season. 

The remainder of the 2020-21 season, as well as television appointments and gametimes, will be released at a later date, according to the statement.

Reach the reporters at aklatsky@asu.edu and follow @averyklatsky on Twitter. 

×