COVID-19 cases, tests decline for third week in a row

Positive cases reported among ASU students declined by 654, while reported cases among staff declined by 69 from last week's update

covid test

A volunteer explains the ASU Biodesign saliva test to State Press reporter Wyatt Myskow on Tuesday, July 28, 2020, outside State Farm Stadium in Glendale, Arizona.

The total known-positive cases of COVID-19 within the ASU community decreased to 366, according to a University update published Monday evening. The new report marks a decline of 723 from last week's 1,089 positive cases.

Cases of COVID-19 among the student body decreased to 302, which is a decrease of 654 from last week's reported number of 956. Among faculty and staff, cases declined to 64, which is 69 fewer than last week's report of 133.

Of the 302 reported student cases, eight are in isolation on the Tempe campus and five are in isolation across the Downtown Phoenix, West and Polytechnic campuses. There are a total of 289 off-campus cases.

Administered tests within the ASU community also continued to decline to 5,816, which is 3,239 fewer than the previous week's 9,055 tests.

On Monday, the Arizona Department of Health Services reported 4,416 new COVID-19 cases across the state and no new deaths.

Reach the reporter at caera@asu.edu and follow @CaeraLearmonth on Twitter.

Caera Learmonth

Caera Learmonth is a full-time reporter for the Community and Culture desk. She was previously the Executive Editor of her high school newspaper and has taken journalism programs at the School of the New York Times and University of Southern California. 

×