ECHO FROM THE STARS: WEEKLY HOROSCOPE SEPT. 11

This week's horoscope revolving around campus life and student life at ASU

Lillian_Finley_082723_TheEcho-Zodiac-Horoscope.png

For all of our astrology lovers, The Echo is diving into how the stars align each week. 

The cosmos are approaching a point of rebirth and rejuvenation. Mercury's retrograde is almost over so mark your calendars and get ready for this week's horoscope. 

READ MORE: Echo from the stars: Weekly Horoscope Sept. 5

Aries (March 21 - April 19) 

This week you will have a newfound energy that will boost your confidence. It will allow you to conquer any challenges that come your way whether that's in the classroom or in your personal life. Let this confidence inspire you to talk to new classmates or to get ahead of course work.

Mercury will end retrograde this Friday so although your week looks bright, be cautious. Some may lure you away from your studies. Just remind yourself that there is a lot to get done, and stay focused and channel your new energy into both mediums for the perfect balance. 

Song of the week: "Flaming Hot Cheetos"- Clairo

Taurus (April 20 - May 20)   

This week you will show signs of growth and stability in your personal relationships as well as academics. The new people in your circle, are starting to become close friends. Your studies are starting to become easier to grasp and understand. These additions to your life will come easy to you this week, so take it in. 

This is the final week of retrograde so be mindful of your tendency to resist change. Remain open to new possibilities and allow yourself to grow. Your college life is yours to shape, so recognize your efforts and how far you have gotten. 

Song of the week: "Reptilia"- The Strokes

Gemini (May 21 - June 20)   

You will be full of new ideas and you will be inspired to use them for your future endeavors. You understand the importance of transforming these new ideas into an ideal career. Take this time to figure out your strengths and weaknesses and start applying them towards classwork.   

Retrograde will end this upcoming Friday so even though you might want to focus on you, there will be new opportunities to meet people that want to connect with you. Don’t push these people away as they can act as an aid or an escape from the world.  

Song of the week: "Chanel"- Frank Ocean

Cancer (June 21 - July 22)   

You will have an impulse to dedicate your time to work this week. You know what projects you want to put your focus towards and you should pursue those. Whether it is something that has to do with college or something just for fun, make the most out of this productive state you are in. 

This is the last week that Mercury will be in retrograde, so you might experience burnout. If all the work is seeming a little stressful for you, take some time to rest and get back to work when you feel ready.   

Song of the week: "Silver Springs"- Fleetwood Mac

Leo (July 23 - Aug. 22)    

This week is all about speaking your mind. Communication is an important tool you need to use with your friends and professors in order to keep yourself accountable. Keep in touch with your friends and let them know you are here at this time if they need anything. Ask your professors if there are any opportunities for you in the classroom or in your future professional field.  

Mercury ends retrograde this Friday so don’t be afraid to be bold about things you have a passion for, but be careful not to cross any lines. You want to avoid seeming rude and standoffish to the people that are willing to help you accomplish anything.  

Song of the week: "Stargirl Interlude"- The Weeknd, Lana Del Rey

Virgo (Aug. 23 - Sep. 22)   

This week, new beginnings are on the way as we inch closer to the end of Virgo season. You have been taking the college world by storm, but now is the time to reflect on your true self. How do you want to portray yourself to others? What first impressions do you wish to make on strangers? There are both questions you should be asking yourself this week in your personal reflection. 

Retrograde will end later this week so be careful in not forcing yourself to be perfect. Embrace this new chapter and really cherish who you are deep down. Do not get lost in a new look, make sure to include parts of yourself that truly show off who you are! 

Song of the week: "Paper Bag"- Fiona Apple

Libra (Sep. 23 - Oct. 22)   

This week, be sure of where you stand in your friendships and connections. Talking to loved ones will be theraputic and will add the much needed balance in your life. Let these people know how you are doing and that you care for them even if you have not been able to tell them that recently.  

You may be doubting if you are a good friend but remember, college may be a new experience for you or you still haven’t adapted to it despite your time in school. Things take time so don't stress about not being able to express your emotions fully. The key is balance and remind your relationships you will always be in their corner and they will always be in yours.  

Song of the week: "this is me trying"- Taylor Swift

Scorpio (Oct. 23 - Nov. 21) 

This week, find your inner strength and fortitude. In the past weeks, you have had to make some sacrifices for the greater good and that can be draining. Now is the time to recharge and focus on healing through your creative talents. This is also an ideal time to end relationships that are not fruitful, but don't be scared to make new friendships either.

Mercury's retrograde ends on Friday so be cautious with the relationships you decide to end. Remind yourself that you are ready to end relationships in order to move forward. Think of this week as the ideal time to make new connections with students that understand what you are dealing with personally.  

Song of the week: "Stargazing"- The Neighborhood

Sagittarius (Nov. 22 - Dec. 21)   

This week, you will find motivation to take in new knowledge and information. You may be getting over an academic slump or a slow week. Now, you feel energized and want to learn more about your major and truly understand what your potential field of work. You can also dedicate time to learning more about your hobbies and interests outside of the classroom.  

Mercury will end its retrograde this Friday so beware of any energy pulling you down. If you stay focused on learning this week, you will find it is worth all of the effort and obtaining this information will help you rather than hurt you.   

Song of the week: "Supercut"- Lorde

Capricorn (Dec. 22 - Jan. 19)   

Allow this week to be the time you put in effort into building yourself a reputation. You might have to go out of your way to achieve your goal but it’s now or never. Whether it is on social media, in your classroom or among your college friends, take this opportunity with ambition. This is a big task but it can be accomplished with some work.

Retrograde will end later this week so be careful to not put too much time into this. You have other engagements, so make sure to balance your time wisely.  

Song of the week: "Time Machine"- WILLOW

Aquarius (Jan. 20 - Feb. 18) 

This week, you should start to feel good about your close connections in and outside of college. If you do face conflict, try talking directly to them and resolving any problems that may prevent you from moving forward. This way, they know where you stand, and vice versa. Allow everyone to come together in your personal life and start to feel at ease with the convergence. 

Mercury is on its last week of retrograde so be cautious of any miscommunication in your existing relationships. Make sure you are coming across in genuine light so you can fix any sort of snag in the relationship.  

Song of the week: "BEST INTEREST"- Tyler, The Creator

Pisces (Feb. 19 - March 20)   

This week you will find that you are emotionally sensitive to your surroundings. Follow your intuition and let it guide you through college life as well as campus life. Let this new feeling allow you to dig deep within yourself and let it lead you to new personal victories.  

Mercury will end retrograde this Friday, so beware that this emotional time may seem negative to you. Fear not, this time is for you to get in tune with your mind and body in order to focus on what you truly want, now and  even after college. 

Song of the week: "Blue Hair"- TV Girl

Editor's Note: The dates for the star signs are from Ten Thousand Villages.

Edited by Claire van Doren, Walker Smith, Shane Brennan

Reach the reporter at sigarci8@asu.edu 

×