Steve Aoki to headline Devilpalooza 2024

Cake will be thrown at the free music festival in Mullett Arena, which is only for students

The Echo-devilpalooza-lineup-Steve-Aoki.jpeg

The "Devilpalooza" sign is lit up during Devilpalooza on Saturday, March 25, 2023 at the SDFC Intramural Fields in Tempe.

The Programming and Activities Board announced via Instagram that Devilpalooza 2024 will feature an EDM lineup with DJ Steve Aoki on April 19. 

Local DJs Casti and Micah Paul, as well as house duo SHIFTY, will also perform at the annual spring musical festival. Doors will open at Mullett Arena in Tempe at 5 p.m., and performances will begin at 6 p.m. The event is for students only, and admission is free with an event pass through the RSVP link.

"I would definitely recommend (Devilpalooza) to freshmen and sophomores who are kind of still struggling to find friends," Samantha Duran, a senior studying global studies who attended the event in 2022, said. "It's really nice to meet different groups of people and then overall just take a break from school."

Duran said she's not a fan of this year's artists, but she appreciates how the event will unite students.

"Just go into it with an open mind," Devilpalooza director Jen Jacko, a senior studying organizational leadership and interdisciplinary studies, said. "Even if you don't know who the artist is, no matter what, it's going to be a fun time and night to remember with your friends."

Jacko said this year's lineup responded to community members asking for an EDM theme and the artists available.

"Obviously, this year, we're trying out some new things, such as the venue," Jacko said. "We've gotten to play with a lot of new aspects just because of location, which I think will be a really cool experience for students."

Last year's event took place on the SDFC Intramural Fields.

Friends Anna Davis, a freshman studying global studies, and Rhea Hiredesai, a freshman studying computer science, were excited to hear about this year's headliner. 

"I've heard of him," Hiredesai said. "I've never listened to any of his music or anything, but I have some friends that listen to him, so it's very exciting."

Davis is an EDM and house fan and quickly points out Steve Aoki as the artist "who throws whole sheet cakes."

According to PAB's Instagram, the first 1,600 attendees get floor access. No signs and no lifting or holding of other people will be permitted. Guests may bring one factory-sealed water bottle, and "Cake will be thrown during the show—please be aware and careful."

Edited by Shane Brennan, Walker Smith and Grace Copperthite.

Reach the reporter at spbracci@asu.edu and follow @SophiaBraccio on X. 

×