Echo from the stars: Eclipse brings new energy to the weekly horoscope April 8

College dude interprets the cosmos to bring you astrological advise and underrated artist recommendations

The Echo-astrology-horoscope-March-8.jpeg

For all of our astrology lovers, The Echo is diving into how the stars align each week.

The stars are up to something. My astronomy class hasn't gotten there yet, though. Fresh off an eclipse, check out these meticulously detailed astrological predictions and recommendations from your average college dude (a moniker I did not choose for myself). Plus, turning to my area of expertise, find your next favorite artist corresponding to your sign.

Aries (March 21-April 19)

This Monday's eclipse will give you an epiphany of self-love that will carry you through the week. You will realize that you should follow your intuition and take your desired path. Easy enough. Just don't hold yourself back. Venus is also settled in Aries for the week, so you'll feel more confident and charismatic. This is really shaping up to be a life-changing week for you. It would really suck if you messed it up. 

You aren't off completely easy, though. Pesky ol' Mercury is still in retrograde, so you might be circling back to a bad decision. Don't expect me to tell you it's a bad idea. It's your life.

Underrated artist you should check out: Thee Sacred Souls

Taurus (April 20-May 20)

Eclipse in Aries means loneliness for you this week, Taurus. Sorry, I don't make the rules. But it's not all negative; this feeling of solitude will clear your mind and help you focus. This may not be your favorite or most memorable week, but it's a necessary part of the process. With Venus in Aries, you'll find likely-needed closure with your ex you run into at the P.O.D. Market. It's a long line at lunch, so you have time.

Regardless, you need to trust the process and your past decisions. Regret isn't worth your time. Maybe your ex wasn't so bad, though. What if you made a mistake? My bad. 

Underrated artist you should check out: wave to earth

Gemini (May 21-June 20)

It's always a good week to be a Gemini, but you'll feel especially social and extroverted this week due to the eclipse. If you're in a good place mentally, too (we know this is a lot to ask), your connections will feel especially enriching and continue to do so for a while. Mercury in retrograde will lead to even more new connections coming this summer.

Venus will show you that you need some fun this week. There are only a few more weeks left at ASU this spring, so make the most of it. See your friends, go out, or binge-read The Echo — all good choices, but it's up to you!

Underrated artist you should check out: Angela Muñoz

Cancer (June 21-July 22)

The solar eclipse opens the door for your career path as you start making steps toward your future. Finally, change is always hard, but embrace new opportunities to get what you want. Thinking about even next semester is scary and hard, I know, but don't let it get you down. Jupiter in Taurus will also make you feel more social and help you cope with the 'So what do you want to do after college?' talk. 

Venus in Aries this week will also inspire you to take a more leading role in everything you do. You may get anxious sweats, but you'll find you're good at taking charge, and people won't question the change.

Underrated artist you should check out: Raveena

Leo (July 23-Aug. 22)

Leo, due to the eclipse's clarity, you'll feel an urge to start creating and putting your work out in the world. This may start a snowball effect in the rest of your life as you feel the process start to take you to a better place, both mentally and physically.

But with Venus venturing into Aries, you may experience some unwanted drama and feelings with yourself and those you care about. I don't have much advice for you there; that just really sucks for you. As long as you communicate and don't overthink, it will probably, hopefully, work itself out.

Underrated artist you should check out: Orion Sun

Virgo (Aug. 23-Sept. 22)

It's a week of healing for you, Virgos out there. After last weekend, you probably needed it. Mercury in retrograde means you'll get war flashbacks of old situationships, which might interrupt your healing, but you'll get through it. Take the lessons from your past and use them to improve now; it's all you can do. 

Venus in Aries will test you with romanticizing almost everything, so it's up to you to stay level-headed through it all. For better or for worse, at least romanticizing is fun! Just remember what's good for you: taking a nap and watching "Abbott Elementary" or something.

Underrated artist you should check out: Snoh Aalegra

Libra (Sept. 23-Oct. 22)

Buckle up: To put it bluntly, you will be thirsting all week long. But it might just pay off! The eclipse will have you all lovey-dovey, and maybe some other things we can't say, but Mercury's retrograde will guide you toward wise decisions.

Venus in Aries will also make you glow this week, inside and out: think, Megan Fox post-kill in "Jennifer's Body". Just make sure you direct your time to those who deserve it. Honestly, Everyone should hear this, but you need it this week.

Underrated artist you should check out: UMI

Scorpio (Oct. 23-Nov. 21)

This week will bring about a lot of reflection on the habits and routines you take for granted. Is going to the gym at night really good for your sleep schedule? Should you really be spending all that money at Starbucks, of all places? Maybe supporting local coffee shops would be better; just saying. But don't get overwhelmed with rethinking; trust yourself to make the right choices.

Be warned: It's a thirsty week for Scorpios, and you might be tempted to return to the apps. Don't look at me; I'm just the messenger. You also might want to channel that energy into creative endeavors. Just beware of Mercury's retrograde in Aries, which may influence you toward some unhealthy choices. Good luck!

Underrated artist you should check out: Malcolm Todd

Sagittarius (Nov. 22-Dec. 21)

The solar eclipse might wake up your bright side, Sagittarius. Every day this week will feel extra sunny. Go sunbathe, take a scenic walk, or call your mom. Just go with the flow and enjoy yourself. Venus in Aries will also improve your social and romantic life. Win after win, I'm getting jealous.

Use this glow to discover what things, people and hobbies suit you. Don't be afraid to remove things from your life that don't benefit you.

Underrated artist you should check out: Jordan Ward

Capricorn (Dec. 22-Jan. 19)

You're going to get closure and peace on recent arguments and miscommunications this week. Also, don't be afraid to welcome change even if you're scared to initially. Just trust the process. 

Venus in Aries will also hint at the power of manifestation. You'll reflect on what you really want and begin to take both mental and physical steps toward your goals. Whether in love, work, or deciding if Coachella is worth the price tag, the answers should come swiftly.

Underrated artist you should check out: Riovaz

Aquarius (Jan. 20-Feb. 18)

The eclipse will make you feel especially creative and invigorated this week and in the coming weeks. Channel that energy, as well as your increase in time post-finals week, into some kind of project this summer. It may lead you somewhere special.

In addition, Venus is in Aries for the rest of the month, helping you get what you want. It'll come easy to you, probably. You're really going to get into your dreamer bag and start getting excited about anything and everything. Just don't lose sight of the moment. You'll also feel a strong urge to read The Echo every day. The stars said it, I swear.

Underrated artist you should check out: Foggieraw

Pisces (Feb. 19-March 20)

Last but not least, the Pisces. You will be chasing a check for the foreseeable future, and that's more than alright. Rent is high these days, so don't let someone make you feel bad about your priorities! You'll feel more mature over the coming weeks, too, and these will go hand-in-hand to catapult you toward adult life. Scary. But don't forget to have fun, too. Balance is key here.

Venus in Aries will also have you chasing a glow-up as you try to level up in all parts of your life before summer arrives. Remember what's worked in the past and translate it to now. Just make sure you don't overreach — a glow-down would be really embarrassing.

Underrated artist you should check out: Jenevieve

Edited by Sophia Braccio, Walker Smith and Caera Learmonth

Editor's Note: The dates for the star signs are from Vogue India.

Reach the reporter at adirst@asu.edu and follow @andrewdirst on X.

Like The State Press on Facebook and follow @statepress on X.

×