Sun Devil Street Wear: Spring break edition

Photo created at Polyvore.com
Photo created at Polyvore.com

For those who have already defeated the numerous midterm monsters and those who are still fearlessly battling, spring break 2013 is finally upon us. We venture out of the stuffy library still donned in yesterday's sweatpants and grab our suitcases and journey to that long awaited destination since the beginning of spring semester.

No matter if you are going to relax on a beach in California or spend time with your family, it's hard to pack for a spring break vacation. I always find myself trying to pack my whole closet into one suitcase. To combat the spring break fashion fever, here are a few tips on what to wear and how to effectively pack a suitcase.

Beach:

beach.jpg Photo created at Polyvore.com

If you are venturing to the beaches of California or Mexico, try packing at least two swimsuits and a couple light cover-ups. Trust me, wearing jean shorts to the beach is a bad idea. (Madewell Minnow Tunic, Roxy Hawaiian Triangle bikini, Gap Leather Flip Flops)

City:

city.jpg Photo created at Polyvore.com

If you are heading to the concrete jungle or to Europe (I am so jealous), let your inner urbanite free. Pack a purse that will be able to hold all the essentials, including a camera if you want to take pictures. Wear closed-toe shoes (no heels), period. Your feet will love you. (Topshop: Broken Heart stud tee, paisley jacquard skirt, roller bowler hat, high vamp loafers, Henry Bendel Cambridge Satchel)

Mountains:

ski.jpg Photo created at Polyvore.com

For the adventurous folk heading to the mountains to ski or camp, pack outfits that are layered and can easily adapt to the changing weather. (Kate Spade Big Apple ski hat, Rag and Bone jean jacket, Madewell skinny skinny ankle cords pants, Nastygal Trooper Combat boot, Rag and Bone Keaton sunglasses)

For more on how to master the art of packing a suitcase, check out this cool video from The Platform!

Happy spring break!

Reach the reporter at hdiiullo@asu.edu or follow on Twitter @HaleighD_SP.

×