With Undergraduate Student Government campaigns in full swing, ASU students are preparing to cast their ballots on March 31 and April 1.

While USG Downtown only has one executive ticket running, the candidates have large plans for the office should they be elected.

Find voting guides for Tempe, Polytechnic and West campuses here.

Vice President of Policy candidate Ryan Boyd (left), presidential candidate Corina Tapscott and Vice President of Services candidate Katherine Hofland pose for a portrait on Tuesday, March 17, 2015 on Taylor Mall at the Downtown campus. The three are running together as one executive ticket in this year's USGD election. (Ben Moffat/The State Press) Vice President of Policy candidate Ryan Boyd (left), presidential candidate Corina Tapscott and Vice President of Services candidate Katherine Hofland pose for a portrait on Tuesday, March 17, 2015 on Taylor Mall at the Downtown campus. The three are running together as one executive ticket in this year's USGD election. (Ben Moffat/The State Press)

The Tapscott Ticket:

• Corina Tapscott (President): social work and psychology sophomore
  • Katherine Hofland (Vice President of Services): public service and public policy and creative writing sophomore
  • Ryan Boyd (Vice President of Policy): public service and public policy sophomore
Platform: "Our platform focuses on the constant engagement and inclusion of all students within all aspects of USGD," Tapscott said in an email. "The three main points of our platform are: increase student engagement, fight for equitable resources for the Downtown location and empower student organizations."

Future Plans:

• Making Executive Board meetings open to the public
  • Updating website with information regarding legislation, events and other recent actions
  • Placing contact information of the respective senators within the halls of Taylor Place
  • Regularly engaging with students through events
  • Have representatives at all local government and ABOR meetings
  • Provide student organizations with more resources through current resource rental program
Campaign Website: www.believeinbetter2015.com

×