Tempe Police: Teen smokes pot for the first time, gets caught

Police Beat Photo

Tempe Police Headquarters

Tempe police reported the following incidents Monday:

An 18-year-old El Mirage man was arrested Aug. 21 on the 230 block of West Fifth Street on suspicion of marijuana and paraphernalia possession, according to a police report.

While conducting a patrol of the Fifth Street area, officers smelled burnt marijuana coming from a car, police reported.

Police took the man, who said he didn't have a medical marijuana card, from the passenger seat to detain him, according to the report.

The man said he and the driver had just finished smoking in the car and that the used pipe could be located under the front passenger seat, police reported.

Officers located the pink pipe under the seat and a baggie of marijuana inside the driver side panel of the vehicle, according to the report.

During an interview, the man said this was his first time smoking marijuana and that he and his friend had been sharing the pipe with marijuana in it, police reported.

The man said he was aware that it is against the law to possess and smoke marijuana in public, according to the report.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail where he was booked and released on pending drug charges, police reported.

A 20-year-old Tempe woman was arrested Aug. 17 on the 700 block of South Lincoln Lane on suspicion of aggravated assault on a police officer and for being a minor in consumption of, according to a police report.

Security at the Lincoln Lane complex contacted police after the woman entered the building and caused a disturbance by yelling officers, police reported.

The woman had spoken to security officers with slurred speech and the scent of alcohol on her breath, according to the report.

After the guard inspected her Arizona identification card, the woman became belligerent by yelling “fuck the police” multiple times, police reported.

While police attempted to place a handcuff on the woman’s left wrist, she reared back and kicked an officer in the left shin, according to the report.

The woman was transported to Tempe City Jail where she was booked and held to see a judge, police reported.

Reports compiled by Aimee Plante.

Tempe Police: Man tries to smoke blunt on 'A' Mountain with girls

Tempe Police: Man hides pills in scrotum

Reach the assistant news editor at aplante@asu.edu or follow @aimeenplante on Twitter

×