Tempe Police: Woman tries to sit down on bus, man screams obscenities

Police Beat photo

The Tempe Police station, which is located on Fifth Avenue near College Avenue. 

Tempe Police reported the following incidents Monday:  

An Arizona man was arrested Oct. 1 in the 3000 block of South Rural Road on suspicion of disorderly conduct and marijuana possession, according to a police report.

A woman contacted the police told officers that she asked the man if she could sit on the bus bench where he had been laying, according to the report. The man began cursing at the woman and threatening her, police reported.

When officers arrived, the man denied that he had said anything to the woman and refused to give his identity, according to the report. When they searched the man, officers found marijuana, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

A Tempe man was arrested on Oct. 10 in the 1000 block of East Newport drive on suspicion of failing to identify himself and possessing marijuana and drug paraphernalia, according to a police report.

The man was riding against the flow of traffic on his bicycle when officers attempted to stop him, police reported. The man tried to walk away from police, but he was detained. He refused to give his name, according to the report.

Upon searching the man, officers found a small handgun and marijuana, police reported.

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail, where he was booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

Reports compiled by Sydney Greene.

Tempe Police: Man leads officers on bike chase through neighborhood

Tempe Police: Five dead after car crashes into Tempe Town Lake

Reach the reporter at sgreene6@asu.edu or follow @thesydneygreene on Twitter.

×