Tempe Police: Belligerent man with handgun pees on bathroom floor

Police Beat photo

The Tempe Police station, which is located on Fifth Avenue near College Avenue. 

Tempe police reported the following incidents Tuesday:

A 24-year-old Mesa man was arrested Dec. 27 on the 410 block of South Mill Avenue on suspicion of disorderly conduct, dangerous drug possession and firearm possession, according to a police report.

Officers arrested the man after he had brought a firearm into Moonshine Whiskey Bar, which displayed a “No Firearms Allowed” sign, police reported.

The man had walked into the bar with the gun on his person when he went to the bathroom and began urinating on the floor and wall, according to the report.

A bathroom attendant attempted to stop the man, but had to contact security when the man became belligerent, police reported.

However, once the attendant contacted security, the man opened his jacket to reveal a semi-automatic handgun in his waistband, according to the report.

The attendant and uniformed security were able to detain the man and remove the firearm, police reported.

Upon search, officers discovered a clear sandwich bag that contained two and a half Xanax bars, according to the report.

During an interview, the man said he had bought the drug from an acquaintance who sells drugs and that he had been under the influence of drugs during this incident, police reported. 

The man was transported to Tempe City Jail where he was booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

A 29-year-old Tolleson woman was arrested Dec. 31 on the 910 block of North McClintock Drive on suspicion of disorderly conduct and dangerous drug possession, according to a police report.

Officers arrested the woman after she had been involved in a fight at 910 Live, an exotic club and event venue, after her friends outside had been denied entrance due to their level of intoxication, police reported.

The woman began to fight with the bouncers, pulling and punching, and came back to fight again three times, according to the report.

During the fight, a security guard struck her, causing a bloody, swollen nose, police reported.

The woman also left the scene with several cuts and bruises on her knuckles from fighting, according to the report.

Upon search, the woman told officers she had cocaine in her bra and that she had been holding the drug for a friend, police reported.

The woman was transported to Tempe City Jail where she was booked and held to see a judge, according to the report.

Tempe Police: Man spray paints ex’s new boyfriend’s car

ASU Police investigate 'suspicious' package outside Coor Hall

Reach the news editor at aplante@asu.edu or follow @aimeenplante on Twitter

×