ASU Police arrests suspects on suspicion of Polytechnic car burglaries

Two suspects were arrested after a string of car burglaries on ASU's Polytechnic campus.

ASU Police Department

The ASU Police Department headquarters is seen in Tempe on Tuesday, Sept. 30, 2014.

ASU Police arrested a minor and an 18-year-old on suspicion of being involved in a series of car burglaries on ASU's Polytechnic campus this weekend, according to a press release from ASU Police on Sunday.

Early Saturday morning, police were alerted to the vehicle burglary on campus, according to the statement.

A homeless 18-year-old was charged with "conspiracy to commit vehicle burglary and trespassing," the statement said.

The minor was charged with "vehicle burglary and possession of stolen property," according to the release. He lives at House of Refuge East, which is a transitional housing location for homeless people and is near the Polytechnic campus.

ASU Police is continuing the investigation as they collect victim reports, according to the release.

"The ASU Police Department thanks the victims who reported these crimes to police and encourage others to come forward," the statement said. "The safety of students, faculty and staff at Arizona State University is the top priority of ASU Police."

Tempe Police: Patient bites and hits nurse

Tempe Police: Man breaks glass door after trespassing into ex-girlfriend's home

Reach the reporter at aegeland@asu.edu or follow @alexisegeland on Twitter.

×