Eat, drink and be scary: five Halloween steals around ASU

Trick or treat yourself to free and discounted food and drink this Halloween

IMG_2830.jpg

"Many restaurants are offering Halloween food and drink specials." Illustration published on Tuesday, Oct. 23, 2018.

With Halloween creeping up around the corner, there is no better way to get the most out of your costume than using it to score free and discounted treats. 

Some specials have risen from the grave from past years to save students a few dollars, so beware of these five deals at store locations around ASU's Tempe campus.

1) Applebee’s 

The Neighborhood Drink of the Month for October at Applebee’s is called The Dollar Zombie, according to their website. This blue concoction is made of rum, passionfruit and pineapple and garnished with a gummy brain, and is a steal at only $1, but it is not the only themed drink Applebee’s is serving up this Halloween season. 

The Boo Lagoon and Dracula’s Juice are this year’s “Spooky Sips” offered for $6.99 at Applebee’s. Bartenders are mixing these potions for the rest of October, according to the manager of the Applebee's on Elliot Road and Priest Drive, just seven miles away from ASU's Tempe campus. 

2) Chipotle Mexican Grill 

Show off your Halloween costume and score a $4 “boorito” at the Chipotle on Mill Avenue from 4 p.m. to close on Oct. 31, said the location’s manager. This deal does not limit you to a burrito, according to the Chipotle website, you can also get a bowl, salad or order of tacos. 

The “boorito” deal can also be redeemed through the Chipotle app or online using the code “BOORITO.” Take a selfie in your costume at the Chipotle where you score your $4 burrito and post it on your Instagram or Instagram story to be entered into the Chipotle Boorito Contest on Oct. 31.

Don’t forget to tag @chipotle for a chance to win a year of free burritos.

Read More: An ASU student's guide to getting in the Halloween spirit

3) Papa John’s 

Papa John’s is offering the perfect deal to feed all of the hungry ghouls at your pumpkin carving party this year. Order a Jack-O-Lantern pizza online during October for $11 using the code “JACKOLANTERN,” and get a pizza with a smile made of pepperoni’s and black olive eyes. 

A manager from the University and Hardy drives location confirmed the store is offering this pumpkin-shaped large thin crust pizza. 

4) Krispy Kreme 

If your sweet tooth isn’t satisfied with candy this Halloween season, the spooky-themed doughnuts at Krispy Kreme this October will have you feeling festive.

Wear your costume to the Dobson Road and Main Street Krispy Kreme location, just four miles away from campus, and pick a doughnut of your choice for free on Oct. 31, said a manager at the location. 

The new Trick-or-Treat Doughnut is an Original Glazed Doughnut topped with salted caramel and sprinkled with pieces of Halloween candy. Another new seasonal creation called the Monster Batter Doughnut is a cake batter-filled doughnut “dipped in slime green icing and topped with monster eyes and festive confetti,” according to a Krispy Kreme press release

5) Baskin-Robbins 

If your taste buds are still craving more sugar, but you’ve retired your Halloween costume for the season, there’s another chance to save on some more sweets. 

The Baskin-Robbins on McClintock Drive and Southern Avenue is having a Celebrate 31 promotion, which offers a scoop of ice cream for only $1.50 — no costume necessary. The offer is valid for any size scoop and is available at all U.S. Baskin-Robbins locations, according to a manager. 

Reach the reporter at chofmann@asu.edu and follow @chofmann528 on Twitter.  

×