Welcome to a new school year, a new year full of opportunities.

Opportunities to make the most of your new classes, to find new paths to class via air-conditioned buildings, and to make picking up The State Press a bright spot in your daily routine.

We hope that the stories you read give you a better insight into the workings of the University, keep you updated on goings-on around the nation and world and make you think about issues that effect you.

We’re expecting a semester full of news, debate and discourse. But don’t think you have to sit on the sidelines. You have a great opportunity to become a part of the discussion. In fact we’re begging you to have your name in print.

Our writing means nothing without you reading and responding to it. Let us know your thoughts on the stories you see throughout the paper. Hold us accountable and keep us on our toes.

If you read a column that just makes no sense to you, tell us your side of the issue. If you read an article that makes you laugh out loud, tell us why.

We don’t print this paper for ourselves — we definitely spend too much time with it as it is. We print it for you and your feedback gives us a reason to keep writing.

So, when you’re really irked about something or a story brings you to tears, go ahead, sit down at a computer, type something up and send your thoughts to letters.editor@asu.edu.

We publish your letters every day in print and online, so read daily and write often.

If you would prefer to keep your comments out of public view, feel free to give us a call at 480-965-2292 or send an email to opinions.statepress@asu.edu. We’ll do our best to answer your questions and will correct mistakes promptly.

As much as we strive to keep you in the know, we need you to keep us in the know, as well. Take hold of this new opportunity. Happy reading and happy writing!

Indra Ekmanis

Opinion Editor

×