SPM Acoustics: Locksley in the Secret Garden

The Beatles have been getting a lot of hype lately — and by lately, we mean the past 46 years. But with the popularity of the recently released Beatles Rock Band and remastered albums, it's pretty obvious Beatlemania will never go out of style. Which is part of why we were so excited to welcome Locksley to the SPM Acoustics family.

With a sound often described as modern garage pop, the foursome from Madison, Wisc. provides an unparalleled modern take on the Fab Four. Kai Kennedy (lead guitar/vocals), Sam Bair (drums), Jordan Laz (bass/vocals) and Jesse Laz (vocals/guitar) combine skillful instrumentation with catchy melodies to create an atmosphere that coaxes even the meekest of wallflowers to the dance floor.

The guys were cool enough to stop by before their show last week at Martini Ranch. They even performed an exclusive acoustic version of their next single. (See interview for a clip!) Locksley will be touring the West through the end of October. Their new album, Be in Love, will be out January 26, 2010.

Video: Chelsea Ryan, asst. Becca Bever Interview: Erica Rodriguez Photos: Peter Lazaravich Text: Jessica Testa

×