Urban Cookies

Find your sweet tooth at Urban Cookies. Photo by Chelsea Brown.

Let's face it, life in downtown Phoenix can be stressful at times. With being a commuter and a college student, I am faced with traffic, the fear of being late for class, overwhelming amounts of homework and the occasional coffee spilled down the front of my shirt (when your mind is elsewhere things can happen). However, I believe that stress should be matched with a reward — ya know, something to make you feel better after you've finished learning about the art of writing headlines in detail for the last hour.

Rewards are actually one of my favorite things, and have made my college experience a little more enjoyable. (Getting homework done = more time to browse the sale sections at some of my favorite stores.) Recently, I discovered my new favorite way of rewarding myself: a trip to Urban Cookies!

Urban Cookies is a retro-style cookie and cupcake shop on 7th street (between Indian School Road and Camelback Road) that sells a variety of hand sized cookies, extra thick cupcakes (via OllieCake) and cookie ice-cream sandwiches. With each cookie and cupcake on display in cute jars and cupcake stands, it's hard to resist not getting one of everything. However, with Urban Cookies's reasonable prices ($1.79 for a cookie, $1.99 for a cupcake and around $4.99 for a cookie ice cream sandwich), purchasing a cookie (or two) and a cupcake (or three) is no big deal.

Urban Cookies also offers an ASU discount, as well as sweet deals through their Twitter and Foursquare pages, including a free cookie on Feel Good Friday, and also a free cookie for checking in twice.

So if you've had a hard week, and feel that a little treat is in order, bike, ride, or drive over to Urban Cookies for a well deserved pick-me-up, or even for a Friday night date. (Guys, girls love cupcakes. I swear it's true.)

Urban Cookies is open Monday through Saturday from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. and is located at 4711 N. 7th St.

Until next time!

Downtown Dispatch is dedicated to all things downtown Phoenix. If you’re looking for a new place to eat, you’ve found your guide. If you’re looking for a new boutique to shop at, I’ve got what you’re looking for. If you just want to find that perfect cup of coffee, I can tell you where to go. Welcome to the blog of Chelsea Brown, a Journalism senior, caffeine addict and self-proclaimed foodie who loves blogging and taking photographs. Reach me at cebrown4@asu.edu.

×