Downtown Dispatch: Butter Toast Boutique

Butter Toast. Photo by Chelsea Brown.
Butter Toast. Photo by Chelsea Brown.

Has anyone else noticed the major vintage trend going around this fall? Well, if you have noticed and have been wondering where you can pick up some of the best vintage in town, my suggestion would be to head to Butter Toast Boutique in downtown Phoenix.

Butter Toast is a sweet vintage shop located off Sixth and Roosevelt streets that offers vintage clothing for women and men, as well as vintage and handmade accessories, and also the occasional houseware.

On a visit to Butter Toast Boutique, I spotted some beautiful vintage dresses, great vintage men's shirts, and some cute vintage picture frames (perfect for a picture of your sweetie).

Butter Toast not only houses an amazing collection, but also offers friendly service (the ladies that own and work at this shop are seriously the sweetest) and great prices that won't break the bank. Occasionally they offer ASU discounts as well!

I should also suggest that if you have an urge to be a "Mad Men" character or some other kind of 1950s/'60s/'70s person for Halloween, definitely check out the Butter Toast collection for a chic costume. Their clothing is unique, and you will definitely be the only one wearing that beautiful vintage dress, or that sweet vintage blazer and fedora hat.

Also, if you're interested in making crafts, Butter Toast and Merry May Handmade host a craft night every second and fourth Wednesday from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Everyone is welcome to bring whatever they are working and spend a few hours hanging out with fellow crafters. Craft supplies will also be provided for those who aren't currently working on something.

Butter Toast is located at 908 N. Sixth St. and is open Tuesday through Saturday, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.

×