Downtown Dispatch: Frances and Smeeks

Smeeks. Photo by Chelsea Brown.
Smeeks. Photo by Chelsea Brown.

Have you ever wondered where you can find old-school candy or silly novelty gifts in Phoenix? What about TOMS shoes or Free People clothing? Well, look no further! Frances Vintage and Smeeks offers all of the above and much more.

Located just across the street from the Camelback Road and Central Avenue light rail stop are two stores that are definite go-to shopping destinations. Although Frances and Smeeks are sibling stores (owned by the same lovely Phoenix lady), they both offer very different things and also different atmospheres.

Frances Vintage sells men's and women's clothing, as well as accessories, stationery, clothing and toys for babies and tots. Frances carries beautiful clothing from Free People, Orla Kiely, Penguin, and other indie labels alike. They also carry a wide selection of TOMS shoes for women and men, and also various handmade items from local artists.

Frances is located at 10 W. Camelback Road in Phoenix, and is open Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., and on Sunday from 12 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Smeeks is a old-school candy shop that offers various candies from your childhood (and maybe even your parents' childhoods) and also carries various trinkets, adorable baking supplies and little gifts that would put a smile on anyone's face. (Did someone say faux mustaches and cute stickers?) Smeeks also has a photo booth that will give you two sets of photo strips for $5. Also, feel free to leave one of your photo strips behind on the wall of photos at Smeeks so that your friends can see your smiling mug whenever they go to Smeeks next.

Smeeks is also open Monday through Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., and on Sunday from 12 a.m. to 5 p.m, and is located at 15 W. Camelback Road in Phoenix.

×