Letter from the Editors: Hi(!)atus

Dear readers,

Here we are again. The fall semester — with its disappointing sports teams and sporadic weather — has finally come to an end. For the staff here at State Press Magazine, the fall has brought some big changes. We redesigned our website, launched seven (seven!) new blogs, brought you more multimedia than ever before and shared the love every other week with a spread in the State Press. Who knows what next semester will bring. (Actually, we do — we're just not telling.) But you can bet on the fact that SPM will always be here, providing the best in-depth features and real student stories that Arizona State University has to offer.

Until January, Jessica Testa, Editor in Chief Before I sign off, here are a few words from my fellow editors. Get even closer to the SPM action on Facebook and Twitter.

Erica Rodriguez — Assistant Editor

I seriously feel like this semester started two weeks ago, but in what seems like a short amount of time, we've accomplished a lot. From porn to dancing vampires to the launch of our snazzy new site, we’ve covered a lot of ground. Our diverse group of writers worked hard to bring you stories that inform, entertain and make you go, "Whaaa?!” I think they did a damn good job. Don’t miss us too much over the holiday. We’ve got great things planned and we’ll be back soon, ready to bring you even more fun, controversial topics sure to grab your attention.

Weston Phippen — Assistant Editor

This year we brought you religion, sex, music and Four Lokos. I hope you enjoyed it. Like you, we will be taking a brief hiatus for the holidays. But while you're busy drinking eggnog, getting strip-searched by airport security on your way home and spending time with your family, we will be thinking of more stories that awe and enthrall — or at least give you something to read while sitting in the back of the lecture hall pretending to take notes. Good luck on finals, folks, and happy holidays.

Peter Lazaravich — Photo Editor

Another semester has come and gone so quickly. Our team was so busy snapping photos that we hardly got a chance to step back and admire just how far we’ve come. With the SPM site redesign came new opportunities to better illustrate the stories that you all enjoy reading each and every day. Be sure to join us for the spring semester and check out all the exciting visual stories we have planned for your viewing pleasure. See you soon readers!

×