Downtown Dispatch: CityScape’s Urban Outfitters Location

Urban Outfitters at night. Photo by Chelsea Brown.

When CityScape opened last year, it seemed to be the long-awaited shopping center that the downtown area craved for. Well, to some standards it may not be completely up to par yet, but that doesn’t mean they don’t have some sweet shopping right now. Among the best shops is Urban Outfitters, a trendy clothing store that many ASU students may already be familiar with because of their Mill Avenue location. This new location though offers a different and more laidback vibe than the Tempe location, and I feel like you’re always bound to find something you’ll like there.

The upstairs and downstairs gives way two spacious areas filled with men’s and women’s clothing, along with books, records, and that quirky gift you are always on the hunt for. Downstairs, its women’s clothing, home décor and gifts take over, but it doesn’t feel overcrowded, much like the Tempe location does (personally to me, that is). The upstairs is where they house the men’s clothing, sale items, and dressing rooms.

Every time I go there, there always seems to be some great clothing item for a good price in the sale section. I always seem to find my right size there as well, not only in the sale section, but also in the full-price women’s clothing. Sadly, many people still don’t seem to know about this Urban, but that does makes way for a non-crowded shopping experience.

So if you’re looking for something to do in downtown, whether it be in the afternoon or evening, check out the semi-new Urban Outfitters for some quality shopping time.

Urban Outfitters is located at 11 W. Washington Street, and is open Sunday from  11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday from 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., and  Friday and Saturday from 10:00 a.m.  to 11:00 p.m.

×