Palm Walk Runway: Blooming Trend

There is hope for the heat. By the end of the week, the weather is supposed to reach into the 80’s. Which means we can finally get a decent tan outside, without the clouds deciding to come out sporadically every five minutes.

Now, as cliché as it sounds, the floral, botanical prints are very in. Simple, solid colors are going away, while the new blooming flower trend is simply moving its way into closets. The beautiful thing about this print is it can be worn for a sophisticated evening look or it can be worn in playful and girlish way for the daytime.

Walking around the campus and admiring other student’s outfits, I am starting to notice the fresh, botanical look in full bloom.

I spotted one student in particular that had a combination of the botanical look and other great pieces to pull the outfit together.

[gallery columns="2"]

The student’s floral print shirt is not necessarily the typical colorful, flower pattern, however she chooses to add a splash of color to her outfit in other ways. The shirt is ruffled and layered, giving a bit of texture, and more appeal to a simple shirt. Because it was cooler outside that day, she paired her top with a simple, and classic leather jacket. I think that a leather jacket is a great staple piece to have. It can take a feminine outfit and adds a bit of edge.

For bottoms, she wore a classic pair of dark wash skinny jeans, and paired them with a pair of light brown lace-up boots. I love her boots because the tops of them have a simple cutout shape, which gives the combat style a girly look.

What I especially like about this student is that she is not afraid to mix gold and silver, or black and brown. I feel that when people try too hard to only wear black with black and silver with silver, it matches too much and does not look natural. I like a combination of brown with black and silver with gold.

For accessories, the student did not get carried away with bracelets, earrings, a headband, and a necklace, but she simply wore one statement necklace. The necklace gives the outfit that pop of color and gives it that spring touch. I love the shorter necklaces with a few layers. They look great with scoop neck shirts, and give a simple shirt a lot more personality.

For her school bag, she used a light brown leather bag, with a bit of frill on the top. The light brown works nicely with many color schemes and can be worn with every outfit for school.

I get excited when I see other students following certain trends of the season and adding their own flair to the trend. So maybe recover that old, floral shirt that has been hanging in your closet and make it into a new fashion forward trend.

×