Downtown Dispatch: Tammie Coe Deliciousness

Tammie Coe's sunny storefront. Photo by Chelsea Brown.

Tammie Coe Cakes, one of my favorite sandwich shops, is just down the street from the ASU downtown campus, and is the perfect place for an afternoon lunch date.

Tammie Coe Cakes, located right off of Roosevelt and 6th Street, features sandwiches of all kinds, made on the famous MJ Breads that many locals have come to love (they also sell it at La Grande Orange Grocery), as well as yummy pastries, cookies, cakes, coffee, and tea. Among my favorite sandwiches is their simple, but super yummy peanut butter and jelly on thick MJ Bread (for the kid in all of us). I’m also really fond of their mint and chocolate brownies, and their small fondant covered cakes that are perfect for any special occasion. Their iced coffee and iced teas are also really good, and they offer a student discount!

Even though Tammie Coe Cakes doesn’t offer any inside seating, they do have store-front tables, and picnic style benches just to the side of the building (perfect for a nice spring day picnic).

So if you’re looking for a new place to try out for a lunch, or even a breakfast date, check out Tammie Coe Cakes at 610 E. Roosevelt Street, Monday through Friday, 6:30 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Saturday 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.

×