Downtown Dispatch: Vintage by Misty

Shoppers look for unique vintage finds. Photo by Chelsea Brown.

Just last week a new vintage boutique opened in downtown Phoenix. Vintage by Misty is the newest vintage-based business to open up  and their store is already causing quite the buzz. For weeks now, a large banner sign has adorned the windows of the new shop proclaiming Vintage by Misty would be coming soon. One day while walking by on my way from Mercantile, I saw a glimpse of the inside of the shop. Bare white walls and a bare floor space haunted the room.

A few short weeks later Vintage by Misty is open to the public and is jam packed with colorful, designer vintage clothing from the '60s and on up to the '90s. When I first walked up to the store, I noticed the unique window display, complete with a '60s era art deco ceiling hanging that just screamed “come in and see more” to me. Once I got inside, I peeked through the racks of designer/fancy vintage clothing. There were so many beautiful dresses, and I saw some great ones being pulled out by the group of girls I was with.

They also had a good array of vintage rings and jewelry, which is totally my scene. There was a lot of costume jewelry, and not necessarily the usual turquoise and Black Hills gold we are used to seeing at antique/vintage shops around this part of the state, which was so refreshing. It was hard not to walk away with a few things. Oh, and have I mentioned that there is a bed set up in the middle of the room covered with vintage goods? Well, there is. At first I wasn’t too sure what to think of it, but seeing how everything is displayed on it made for an interesting addition to the store.

So if you’re in need of a pretty vintage dress to wear for a night out on the town, be sure and check out Vintage by Misty.

Vintage by Misty is located at 818 N. Central Ave., and is open 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday.

×