Non-Required Reading: How Nolan Is Saving the Superhero Movie

Christopher Nolan directing. Photo courtesy of IMDB.com.

So you guys know Chris Nolan right?  Let me guess, you loved "The Dark Knight," and you loved "Inception" (what was going on with that ending?! OMG!?!)

I’m a little tired of the Nolan buzz, to be completely honest, but I can understand where it’s all coming from.

In terms of superhero movie quality, Nolan is right on top. What Bryan Singer was during the X-men heyday (wicked rad), Chris Nolan now is now for superhero movies.

Warner Bros. has been complete geniuses by attaching him as producer to the new Superman movie.  This helps take some of the responsibility off the shoulders of Zack Snyder (remember how I said he can’t do plot, well just look at "Suckerpunch").

It’s my personal opinion that Nolan will probably run a piece of Superman and clean up any crazy bullsh*t that Snyder tries to drop.

Nolan also is wrapping up the three-movie plan he envisioned with Batman. When the "Dark Knight Rises"… ahem, rises, we will no longer have Nolan-directed Bat movies.

Almost immediately after, Warner Bros. has already announced intentions to reboot the Bat-franchise.

Wait, what?

Yeah, I’m confused by that, too and a little worried. Nolan is still going to be involved (again... what?) but he won’t direct.

Will they restart, recast, and recycle, or what?  I honestly have no idea. Your guess is as good as mine.

-Dan

×