Non-Required Reading: How Zack Snyder Might Ruin Everything

No, Jon Hamm isn’t the new Superman, but a guy can wish can’t he? Image drawn by Phil Noto.

So Zack Snyder has been pegged to do the new Superman movie. Yes, after four Christopher Reeve movies, one Bryan Singer movie to supposedly fit in with that canon, and several solid cartoon movies, we’re starting all over again.

To be honest, I don’t mind it.

Here I go losing a nerd-credibility point, but I have never seen any of the Reeve Super-movies. I know that Gene Hackman was probably pretty rad, but I just can’t commit myself to actually watching them.

Also, doesn’t Richard Pryor show up by the third or fourth? Cause yeah, no thank you.

I did however see the Bryan Singer one, and oh boy… There’s a long story as to why I don’t like that movie, so feel free to ask me, I don’t have the patience to explain it. It was a slow movie with excessive amounts of floating instead of plot.

And furthermore, Superman lifts a Kryptonite ISLAND. Meaning his biggest weakness won’t even stop him. Lame. Way lame.

So now Zack “No Real Grasp on Drama” Snyder is taking the reins. And I know for a fact that all my friends would see that movie if Jon Hamm was Superman. But he’s not. It’s some random British actor, which I’m fine with.I enjoyed certain parts of Watchmen, and it was never very problematic with the cast. I’m just worried that it’s going to be the exact opposite of what the last movie was.

I see Snyder doing over the top action, excessive violence as he always does, but then slower-than-dirt moments where he tries to advance some hackneyed plot.

Prove me wrong Zack, but in the meantime, you should probably get Jon Hamm involved, (at least as Lex Luthor… (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwwpXIiSk2k))

-Dan

×