Non-Required Reading: Sucker Punch isn’t a Comic Book…

Wait, you mean I get to put a photo of Jon Hamm AND Carla Gugino? I need to lie down… Photo Courtesy of Warner Bros.

So yeah, guess I’m turning this into Zack Snyder week, and why not?

This week, "Sucker Punch" hits theatres, and I’m all over it. But I can honestly say I have no idea what it’s about.

So from what I’ve gathered, six chicks are in a mental facility, and they decide to imagine they’re fighting their way out of it. This leads to wicked ninja fights and machine guns and so on and so forth.

I have no idea where this story could possibly go, and that’s what intrigues me so much.

I feel like the only way this story can end is with them all being either lobotomized or it flashing back from their reality and showing that they literally killed everyone in the asylum.

I’m also worried about the PG-13 rating. With Snyder, most times I’ve seen him go nowhere but a hard R rating. I mean, look at the zombie movies he’s done, and both the superhero flicks. They’ve had compound fractures, excessive swearing, ridiculous sex scenes. Is that going to make this lame?

It’s also being called “Kill Bill meets Inception,” which may be the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard.

Also, one of its star is getting very uppity, as she has a right to. But I just don’t know what to expect at all from this movie.

Maybe I’ll give you an update later, but in the meantime, it has Jon Hamm and Carla Gugino, so there’s a rad MILF-DILF combo I can get behind.

-Dan

×