Downtown Dispatch: Torched Goodness

Visit Urban Beans today for some Torched Goodness. Photo by Chelsea Brown.

Chocolate, vanilla, lavender, coconut, lemon and s’mores are all flavors of Crème Brulee that can be found around the Phoenix Metropolitan area in Le Cordon Bleu-trained chef Eric Ireland’s unique food truck.

From the outside, the Torched Goodness food truck looks like any other food truck, but what is being made on the inside sets it apart from all the other run-of-the-mill food trucks. Following in the lead of the recent food truck craze, Torched Goodness provides gourmet desserts made with organic and locally grown and made ingredients from their movable kitchen. With flavors like rose, caramel, vanilla, Nutella, chocolate-orange, the flavors of these sweet treats are anything but ordinary.

Traveling around day-to-day, Torched Goodness can be found at an array of different spots throughout the Valley. From Litchfield Park on Sundays, to the Downtown Phoenix Public Market on Fridays, this kitchen on wheels is truly all over the place.

Today Torched Goodness is making a stop at one of the cutest coffee shops in Phoenix, Urban Beans. You may remember Urban Beans from this little write-up I wrote previously for Downtown Dispatch that centered on their tasty lattes and breakfast egg, cheese and sausage sandwiches. Well, from four to six p.m., Torched Goodness is going to be camped out in the parking lot of Urban Beans where they will be serving up their delectable treats in almost any flavor you can imagine.

If you haven’t checked out Torched Goodness, or Urban Beans for that matter (I recommend getting a latte to go with your crème brulee while you’re there, you know, for good measure), I suggest heading over to Urban Beans today, for a much deserved break from studying and a sweet treat.

Urban Beans is located at 3508 N. 7th Street, Suite 100.

×