Palm Walk Runway: Classic Prep

With new flowers blooming, so are spring trends. I love when the light, flowy clothing unravels from closets when the weather becomes hotter. No longer do we have to debate whether or not to wear pants or not. The warm, 90-degree weather is here to stay.

The preppy, spring look is a definite look this season. Everywhere on campus I am seeing more of the Sperry trend, adding to the preppy look. Freshman Annica Benning is definitely sporting the classic prep look.

On top, Annica is wearing a simple, light blue button-up shirt. This type of shirt is perfect for those warmer days with a light breeze. On bottom she is wearing navy blue, striped shorts with pink anchor detailing—a definite preppy look. I like how Annica’s outfit is simple, yet her shorts still give her outfit the right amount of detailing.

[gallery order="DESC"]

For shoes, Annica is not wearing the typical preppy Sperry, but instead she is wearing classic metallic sandals that still go perfectly with her preppy style. Especially when it does become hotter outside, always wearing closed-toed shoes can become a nuisance, so sandals like Annica’s are a perfect style.

As far as accessories, Annica is all about layering on bracelets. On one wrist she has a variety of casual, simple bracelets that go well with every outfit. On one hand, she chose to wear a very beautiful turquoise statement ring, which can also go with many outfits. On the other hand, Annica is wearing a simple silver ring—another daily wear. For earrings, she chose to wear simple pearls, one of my favorite classic looks.

To carry her books and other necessities, Annica is carrying a simple, army green bag that—like many of her other accessories—goes great with every outfit and any time of the day.

Dressing preppy doesn’t necessarily mean that you have to go full out in the polo with khaki pants and loafers. You can add a few preppy accessories, or detailing to your outfit to give it that little bit of preppy, without going too overboard.

×