Palm Walk Runway: The Final Walk

As cliché as it sounds, all good things have to come to an end. And with saying that, Palmwalk Runway too must come to an end. Now, because this is my final blog, I thought that I would change things up a bit, and introduce you to the other side of the camera—your very own Marlee Bever.

I had a difficult time deciding what outfit to wear, however after five dresses, some shirts, and accessories, I decided to pick something that represents my style the most.

[gallery order="DESC" columns="2"]

Many people would tell me that I tend to always buy vintage, lacy, frilly, and of course, girly type clothing. And as much as I think it is important to try new styles and deviate away from the same look, I have a look that I love.

It is important to love the clothes you’re in, and if that means having similar clothing in your closet, so be it. It’s what makes you you.

I decided to wear one of my favorite dresses from H&M. The dress is perfect for a summer day, and looks adorable when it is paired with a light cardigan for the cooler days. The dress has ties that hold up the sleeves, giving the dress a unique look, and of course the layered folds on the dress give the dress some character.

On top, I am wearing a simple cardigan with some bow detailing on the shoulder, giving the sweater a girly touch. The cardigan is a great color because it can go with many different basic colors.

For shoes I am wearing simple ballet flats with a ruffled detail on the toe. I love these flats because there is an open toe, unlike other ballet flats that close off your toes. The flats go great with shorts, pants, and especially dresses.

For accessories I chose to pair two simple, yet staple piece necklaces. My favorite one of the two is the stopwatch because it was originally my grandmother’s necklace, and it really gives that true antique feel. I am also wearing a shell bracelet that adds a perfect amount of color.

I finally paired my outfit with my favorite Steve Madden purse. I love the purse because it grows great with everything, and the hand painted look gives it that unique style which I love.

I literally look forward to getting dressed in the morning because for me styling and putting together my outfits is almost like playing dress up as a little girl. I love trying to mix and match my clothes and trying different outfit schemes all of the time.

Even though the blog has come to an end, I have loved being able to enjoy and appreciate other people’s fashion around campus. Remember to always embrace fashion and never be afraid to be bold and try something new.

It’s been a good run my fellow fashionistas. Style on!

×