Tempe Police reported the following incidents Sunday:

• A 50-year-old Phoenix man was arrested Tuesday afternoon near the intersection of East University Drive and South McClintock Drive on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol, police reported.The man was contacted after he was witnessed leaving a verbal argument near the intersection of South Dorsey Lane and East Broadway Road, according to a police report.

He was driving the vehicle, which was stopped by police, and he went through a standardized field sobriety test, police reported.

The man showed several signs of being under the influence of alcohol and admitted to drinking four beers before leaving the scene of the argument in the car, according to a report.

Police found that he was driving on a suspended license for a prior DUI. He was booked and released pending one charge of aggravated DUI and one charge of driving on a suspended license, police reported.

• A 22-year-old Mesa woman was arrested early Tuesday morning on the 600 block of North Scottsdale Road on suspicion of possessing dangerous drugs and giving false information to law enforcement, police reported.The woman was sitting in the passenger side of the vehicle when it was stopped after a firework was thrown out the passenger side window, according to a police report.

She then gave a false name and date of birth, which she later admitted were her sister’s because she was afraid she had a warrant, police reported.

The woman did have a city of Scottsdale warrant and police found foil, a pen that had been taken apart and substance believed to be heroin, according to a report.

She admitted that the substance was heroin and that the other items were used to smoke it, police reported.

She was released on one charge of possession of a dangerous drug, one charge of possession of drug paraphernalia and one charge of giving false information to law enforcement, but held on the Scottsdale warrant, according to a report.

• A 30-year-old Peoria man was arrested on July 4 on the 5000 block of South Arizona Mills Circle after he attempted to elbow an officer while being taken into custody, police reported.The man was contacted after he could not pay for a mean and drinks he ordered totaling $118.92, according to a police report.

The officer was not injured in the incident and the man was transported to Tempe City Jail on one count of aggravated assault of a police officer and one count of theft of services, police reported.

×