In his final year as commissioner, Bud Selig is putting the future of Major League Baseball in jeopardy …  again.

The man who ruined franchises, orchestrated a strike and has the only tie in baseball history to his name is at it again, causing problems with the new collective bargaining agreement.

Let's look at the positives of the new deal. The Houston Astros will play the Texas Rangers in what could be come a very good rivalry.

That’s it. Adding a new playoff team makes no sense to a sport that has more parity than any other.

Plus, adding another wildcard team doesn’t really help the American League. You can basically just insert the top three teams from the AL East into the playoffs.

Increasing the interleague play only hurts a dissolving event that has little meaning anymore. Will this ultimately lead to the abolishment of the designated hitter? Who knows?

All baseball fans need to know is that when Selig goes behind closed doors to try and change baseball it rarely improves the sport.

Here’s to 2012 when Selig finally leaves. As New York Jets linebacker Bart Scott once said, “Can’t wait.”

×