Spark'd TV: Horror During the Holidays

Halloween continues with American Horror Story. Photo courtesy of IMDB.com.

There isn’t a show that has endured its typical time frame more than American Horror Story. Despite the fact that the Halloween season has come and gone, American Horror Story still beguiles many across the nation. The fact that a categorized “scary” show can keep so many enthralled for a couple episodes, let alone its entirety of seven episodes, just credits how good the storyline and filming are.

In the latest episode, we are left confused (as always) as to not only who the man in the rubber suit is, but also how the relationship between Tate and Violet will evolve. Another thing that has me confused (but really all the more interested) is how Moira can change her appearance to outsiders.

Apparently next week, the show has in store some major information revealed regarding the man in the rubber suit. According to an interview with Entertainment Weekly, creator Ryan Murphy reveals the relationship between the man and the death of Zachary Quinto’s character.

“’Rubber Man’ is I think by far my favorite episode. I think it’s very psychological and I think one of the things about the house is that it’s always conspired to help people or drive them crazy. In the next episode, it kind of does both. Suffice to say, there are several characters in the next episode who want that baby and will do anything to get it,” said Murphy regarding the next episode.

Other bombshells that have been dropped regarding Vivien’s pregnancy is that she is actually expecting twins. More interesting, I find, is that the ultrasound technician quit her job because of what she saw. When Vivien visited her at a church to discuss this matter, Vivien learns that she claims she saw the devil, complete with hooves. I should probably be frightened by the prospect of what this child will look like, but I’m too intrigued as to where the storyline will go from here!

Also, in next week’s episode we can expect further details outlining Larry’s relationship with Constance. According to an article in the Hollywood Reporter, Denis O’Hare, who plays Larry, said that in an upcoming episode we can expect, “more information on Larry’s back story and … what happened after Larry’s family died and … the new household that Larry formed with Constance and her family, which is quite fascinating. There will be more back story detailing how he was burned; as of yet, we still don’t know.”

Does American Horror Story leave you as mesmerized as I am? Have any questions or comments about the show? Email mlkelle3@asu.edu.

×