Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers are often referred to as the elite quarterbacks of the NFL.

While all four deserve the praise they receive, Eli Manning deserves some of the glory too.

“I consider myself in that class,” Manning said in a radio interview with WEPN-AM 1050 in New York prior to the NFL season.

While Manning’s comments were dissected and ridiculed, he has proven, once again, that he is one of the elites.

The first overall pick of the 2004 NFL Draft has a 6-3 record in the playoffs, as well as a Super Bowl Championship and MVP award.

Big-time players make big-time plays in big-time games, and Manning proves that time and time again.

In a must-win week 17 game against the Cowboys, he completed 72.7 percent of his passes for 346 yards and three touchdowns.

In two postseason victories this year, Manning is completing just under 68 percent of his passes and has thrown six touchdowns to just one interception.

The young Manning may not get the respect or recognition he deserves, but with the game on the line, there are very few quarterbacks whom I would give the ball ahead of Eli.

×